Okay, I didn’t post my reading area because, frankly, I didn’t get it all cleaned up. I decided sleep was better. Anyway, here are picks of my food. I want to preface this by saying it is A LOT of food and I will in no way be eating all of it. As a matter of fact, I usually munch on my readathon snacks over the course of a month or two after the readathon. Additionally, I am not the only one in my house hold that will be eating from all of this. So I am not quiet the pig that this post will make me out to be.
- Amazing Mango Smoothie drink from Bolthouse Farms. This is a favorite of mine. It is incredibly smooth and very healthy. The amount of fruit in each bottle is astounding.
- Sparkling Pumpkin Cider. I saw this in the store and it looked really interesting. I took a quick sip before putting it in the fridge. It was really good. It reminds me of Harry Potter!
- Cherry Coke
- A&W Rootbeer
- Hot Apple Cider and Hot Chocolate might also make an appearance if need be.
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake Bites
- Whole Wheat Bagel with Vegetable Garden Cream Cheese
- Pumpkin Pie Lite Yougart
- Tomato Mozzarella Pasta Salad
- Spaghetti with Tomato Basil Sauce (hmm, I don’t think I thought about the amount of pasta when I was grocery shopping. I might have Lettuce Wraps for lunch instead).
- Rosemary Olive Oil Bread with Pesto Sauce. Now this is delicious. I will post a pick when I make this, because it is simply to die for!
I want to preface this really quickly by saying that I love cheese. It is probably one of my favorite foods. Every readathon I allow myself to treat myself to a couple of the more exotic cheeses.
- Mozzarella with herbs in it.
- Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips
- Doritos Flamas (I can only eat 5-10 at a time)
- Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
- Mango Salsa
- Cajun Bean Dip
- Lindt Chocolate Truffles (The most amazing chocolate in the world. Another treat that I allow myself only during readathons.
- Crunchie Bar
- Aeros Mint
- Raspberry Lemonade twistie thing
- Obsession – a Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter icing
- Lemon Surprise – Lemon Cake with a Raspberry filling
- Red Velvet
- Snickerdoodle – Cinnamon infused cupcake with cinnamon frosting. One of the best cupcakes I have ever had in my life!
So those are my treats. I know, there is a lot. But I promise, most of this won’t even be touched at all during the readathon. I do this every single readathon. The problem is that I need options. Too many options. So I buy WAY too many treats. Oh well, I am prepared to live with this problem.
So what are you treating yourself to this readathon? Do you have pics? Which of my treats is your favorite?